Author: Selena DeVries - Healthbean Nutrition • Date: February 13, 2019 • Appears in:
Recipe: Roasted Vegetables With Creamy, Lemon Tahini Sauce
Don’t know how to enhance the flavour of vegetables? Just roast them. It is a simple and delicious way to bring out the vegetable’s natural sweetness. SO good.
Did you know that your tastebuds light up with joy when there is at least two textures on the plate? It’s true. I learned this from a culinary chef during my training in integrative nutrition and I have certainly enjoyed my food, more so, when I combine different textures.
With this recipe, I took vegetables from the farmer’s market, snipped some herbs from the garden and added some crunch with roasted nuts, and creaminess with the lemon tahini sauce.
Textures to play around with:
roasted vegetables with creamy, lemon tahini sauce:
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 med-large cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoon EACH, chopped fresh parsley and roasted, chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Combine the first four ingredients onto a roasting pan or a 13″ cast iron skillet. Roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring once half way through, until nicely browned.
- In the meantime, combine the water, salt, tahini, maple syrup and lemon in a mason jar and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Once vegetables are done, drizzle with desired amount of lemon tahini sauce and top with parsley and almonds.
Original article appeared on: healthbean.ca